Starting a new school year can be daunting, particularly for self-conscious teenagers, but this year will be even more difficult. Following the closure of schools for most students from March 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic, many children have had five months away from the school environment. It is only natural then, that they may be apprehensive about going back into the classroom, and mixing with other students.
For teenagers worried about their appearance, and in particular their smile, the start of the new school year may bring additional anxiety, as their teeth will be back on show.
Thankfully there is a fantastic teeth straightening treatment available, that has been specifically designed to treat teenagers with misaligned teeth. Invisalign Teen is a version of the popular adult teeth straightening treatment and works in much the same way. Let’s explore the key features and benefits so you can decide if this treatment might be right for your teen.
How does Invisalign Teen work?
Invisalign Teen is a teeth straightening system that uses transparent custom-moulded aligners. New aligners are used every couple of weeks to gradually move the teeth into the desired position. The removable aligners are clear and discreet and won’t disrupt teenagers' lives.
How does Invisalign Teen differ from Invisalign?
Whilst the system itself is pretty much the same, Invisalign Teen has some really cool features that are perfectly designed to fit in with the teenage lifestyle. For example:
- Blue wear indicators to enable teenagers and their orthodontist to gauge wear.
- Aligners are custom made to each individual but also take into account the eruption of canines, pre-molars and molars.
- Free replacement aligners are included in full comprehensive treatment.
What are the benefits compared to traditional braces?
Invisalign Teen is a great alternative to traditional braces. Here are just a few of the benefits this teeth straightening treatment delivers compared to metal braces:
- More comfortable to wear than traditional braces, thanks to the SmartTrack material providing a better fit.
- Aligners can be removed to eat or play sports.
- Results can be seen in as little as six months as the treatment starts working from the very first set of aligners.
Find out more about Invisalign Teen treatment at Dulwich Orthodontics
Invisalign Teen is an ideal teeth straightening solution for younger teenagers, including those who haven’t got all their adult teeth erupted yet.